I’ve just uploaded my first Proto module; a rewrite of a VBA module I’ve been using for many years to provide me with a bridge between the ease of use of desktop user-focused tools and the power of a SQL enabled database. In the past that database was Oracle (and occasionally MS Access) and the desktop tool was of course Excel; now the database is SQLite ,the client tool is still Excel but this time in a supporting role to Proto. Over the next few weeks I’ll document and publish both the Proto and the pure-Excel version of the this code, in the meantime check-out the work-in-progress project page for xLite (https://gobansaor.wordpress.com/projects/xlite).
- Testing a DAX measure using Excel functionality – XIRR example
- DISCOVER_COMMANDS DMV – Improve Drillthrough & Learn DAX Query
- A frown, or two – Data Explorer to PowerPivot gotchas.
- M’s back – Create a PowerPivot Time Dimension using Excel’s PowerQuery
- The Model of a very modern PowerPivot – without the add-in
- DAX’s back – Create DAX Measures in Excel 2013 without PowerPivot Add-in
- Look’s like Star Schema is back on the menu!
- Níl aon Analytics mar d’Analytics féin.
- Building an Excel 2013 Percentile dashboard without PowerPivot or a PivotTable
- Playing DAX Percentiles on the mean (or is that median) Streets of Ireland
- There are Klingons off the Star-Schema bow, Jim.
- Why use a dimensional data model for PowerPivot?
- Cross Join Three Tables via DAX Query to seed a Date Dimension.
- PowerPivot for Excel as an XML/A Server
- Excel as a Google Visualization API Data Source
- The Birth of the New American Aristocracy - The Atlantic
- Tom on Twitter: "This is a sub tweeted thread on all those GB peps who use the word Eire (sic) when referring to their neighbouring state, Ireland. /1"
- Tom on Twitter: "Bottom line: UK biggest loser with whopping 9.8% of trade lost, Ireland next with 4.17%, average rest-EU 2%; France 1.56%, Germany 2.54% https://t.co/kXgLkD7HSN"
- RESTful Web Services: A Tutorial | Dr Dobb's
- Brexiteers prove that stupid is as stupid does
- Not So Very Different
- How politicians poisoned statistics — FT.com
- GLUT: The U.S. Economy and the American Worker in the Age of Oversupply - Third Way
- Vitamin D – could it stop 'modern’ diseases? - Telegraph