Another interesting Google announcement, this time an AJAX feed API. The API essentially provides the same functionality as Yahoo Pipes but without the user-friendly UI i.e. the ability to create mashups without the need for server-side proxy code. Currently it supplies RSS and ATOM feeds normalised to an ATOM-like JSON output, but the API also supports full XML and “XML within JSON” access to a feed. More feeds types – I’m guessing (hoping for!) the various GData ATOM extended formats – are promised in the future.
- Testing a DAX measure using Excel functionality – XIRR example
- DISCOVER_COMMANDS DMV – Improve Drillthrough & Learn DAX Query
- A frown, or two – Data Explorer to PowerPivot gotchas.
- M’s back – Create a PowerPivot Time Dimension using Excel’s PowerQuery
- The Model of a very modern PowerPivot – without the add-in
- DAX’s back – Create DAX Measures in Excel 2013 without PowerPivot Add-in
- Look’s like Star Schema is back on the menu!
- Níl aon Analytics mar d’Analytics féin.
- Building an Excel 2013 Percentile dashboard without PowerPivot or a PivotTable
- Playing DAX Percentiles on the mean (or is that median) Streets of Ireland
- There are Klingons off the Star-Schema bow, Jim.
- Why use a dimensional data model for PowerPivot?
- Cross Join Three Tables via DAX Query to seed a Date Dimension.
- PowerPivot for Excel as an XML/A Server
- Excel as a Google Visualization API Data Source
- RESTful Web Services: A Tutorial | Dr Dobb's
- Brexiteers prove that stupid is as stupid does
- Not So Very Different
- How politicians poisoned statistics — FT.com
- GLUT: The U.S. Economy and the American Worker in the Age of Oversupply - Third Way
- Vitamin D – could it stop 'modern’ diseases? - Telegraph
- How the Economic Machine Works [Animation] by Ray Dalio