No it’s not a tip for the 5.50 at Punchestown it’s the latest project from _why (a legend in the world of Ruby, if a language as young as Ruby can have legends). HacketyHack is a framework to teach kids how to program, built using Ruby and the gekco browser engine, it’s free and it’s an ideal next step when your kids get a bit bored with MIT’s Scratch. It’s not as much “fun” as Scratch but it will guide kids into the “real world” of programming and as the code is pure Ruby, the sky’s the limit. If fact if any “real programmers” out there have been meaning to learn some Ruby to see what all the fuss is about, HackeyHack is an excellent way to start.
- Testing a DAX measure using Excel functionality – XIRR example
- DISCOVER_COMMANDS DMV – Improve Drillthrough & Learn DAX Query
- A frown, or two – Data Explorer to PowerPivot gotchas.
- M’s back – Create a PowerPivot Time Dimension using Excel’s PowerQuery
- The Model of a very modern PowerPivot – without the add-in
- DAX’s back – Create DAX Measures in Excel 2013 without PowerPivot Add-in
- Look’s like Star Schema is back on the menu!
- Níl aon Analytics mar d’Analytics féin.
- Building an Excel 2013 Percentile dashboard without PowerPivot or a PivotTable
- Playing DAX Percentiles on the mean (or is that median) Streets of Ireland
- There are Klingons off the Star-Schema bow, Jim.
- Why use a dimensional data model for PowerPivot?
- Cross Join Three Tables via DAX Query to seed a Date Dimension.
- PowerPivot for Excel as an XML/A Server
- Excel as a Google Visualization API Data Source
- RESTful Web Services: A Tutorial | Dr Dobb's
- Brexiteers prove that stupid is as stupid does
- Not So Very Different
- How politicians poisoned statistics — FT.com
- GLUT: The U.S. Economy and the American Worker in the Age of Oversupply - Third Way
- Vitamin D – could it stop 'modern’ diseases? - Telegraph
- How the Economic Machine Works [Animation] by Ray Dalio
- What are the core differences between Republicans and Democrats? - Marginal REVOLUTION
- Did you Buy a Self-Service BI Fantasy?