Most of the discussions about Google D&S tend to frame the conversation in relation to MS Office assuming prior knowledge of the likes of Excel and Word. But my wife, an IT Coach, is finding that more and more people who are drawn to first-time use of computers because of a wish to access the internet, are bypassing traditional desktop tools especially when she introduces them to Gmail and Google Docs & Spreadsheets. For these people teaching the use of Google D&S using Word & Excel as the template makes no sense so it’s good to see that Google has announced a Google Docs & Spreadsheets Help Group to provide help and guidance to users of the product.
- Testing a DAX measure using Excel functionality – XIRR example
- DISCOVER_COMMANDS DMV – Improve Drillthrough & Learn DAX Query
- A frown, or two – Data Explorer to PowerPivot gotchas.
- M’s back – Create a PowerPivot Time Dimension using Excel’s PowerQuery
- The Model of a very modern PowerPivot – without the add-in
- DAX’s back – Create DAX Measures in Excel 2013 without PowerPivot Add-in
- Look’s like Star Schema is back on the menu!
- Níl aon Analytics mar d’Analytics féin.
- Building an Excel 2013 Percentile dashboard without PowerPivot or a PivotTable
- Playing DAX Percentiles on the mean (or is that median) Streets of Ireland
- There are Klingons off the Star-Schema bow, Jim.
- Why use a dimensional data model for PowerPivot?
- Cross Join Three Tables via DAX Query to seed a Date Dimension.
- PowerPivot for Excel as an XML/A Server
- Excel as a Google Visualization API Data Source
- Tom on Twitter: "This is a sub tweeted thread on all those GB peps who use the word Eire (sic) when referring to their neighbouring state, Ireland. /1"
- Tom on Twitter: "Bottom line: UK biggest loser with whopping 9.8% of trade lost, Ireland next with 4.17%, average rest-EU 2%; France 1.56%, Germany 2.54% https://t.co/kXgLkD7HSN"
- RESTful Web Services: A Tutorial | Dr Dobb's
- Brexiteers prove that stupid is as stupid does
- Not So Very Different
- How politicians poisoned statistics — FT.com
- GLUT: The U.S. Economy and the American Worker in the Age of Oversupply - Third Way
- Vitamin D – could it stop 'modern’ diseases? - Telegraph
- How the Economic Machine Works [Animation] by Ray Dalio