As those of you reading this from Ireland or the UK know, this has been a very very very wet summer. The most useful technology for dealing with it has been breathable wet gear on the principle that there’s no such thing as bad weather just bad clothing. But on two occasions this summer another technology, the mobile internet, has come to my aid dealing with this biblical-like flood we call Summer 2007, namely the Met Eireann rainfall radar. On two separate holidays by the coast (East Cork and last week Achill/Connemara) I’ve used the updated-every-30-minutes radar (accessed via GPRS on my Sony Ericsson 750i, using the Opera Mobile browser) to decide which beach to head for to avoid the many showers and bask in the not so frequent sunny spells.
- Testing a DAX measure using Excel functionality – XIRR example
- DISCOVER_COMMANDS DMV – Improve Drillthrough & Learn DAX Query
- A frown, or two – Data Explorer to PowerPivot gotchas.
- M’s back – Create a PowerPivot Time Dimension using Excel’s PowerQuery
- The Model of a very modern PowerPivot – without the add-in
- DAX’s back – Create DAX Measures in Excel 2013 without PowerPivot Add-in
- Look’s like Star Schema is back on the menu!
- Níl aon Analytics mar d’Analytics féin.
- Building an Excel 2013 Percentile dashboard without PowerPivot or a PivotTable
- Playing DAX Percentiles on the mean (or is that median) Streets of Ireland
- There are Klingons off the Star-Schema bow, Jim.
- Why use a dimensional data model for PowerPivot?
- Cross Join Three Tables via DAX Query to seed a Date Dimension.
- PowerPivot for Excel as an XML/A Server
- Excel as a Google Visualization API Data Source
- The Birth of the New American Aristocracy - The Atlantic
- Tom on Twitter: "This is a sub tweeted thread on all those GB peps who use the word Eire (sic) when referring to their neighbouring state, Ireland. /1"
- Tom on Twitter: "Bottom line: UK biggest loser with whopping 9.8% of trade lost, Ireland next with 4.17%, average rest-EU 2%; France 1.56%, Germany 2.54% https://t.co/kXgLkD7HSN"
- RESTful Web Services: A Tutorial | Dr Dobb's
- Brexiteers prove that stupid is as stupid does
- Not So Very Different
- How politicians poisoned statistics — FT.com
- GLUT: The U.S. Economy and the American Worker in the Age of Oversupply - Third Way
- Vitamin D – could it stop 'modern’ diseases? - Telegraph